Thursday, August 5, 2010

Invited to be a SAG member!


The other day, I received a letter from Screen Actor's Guild, inviting me to be a part of the prestigious actor's union! This is a pivotal moment in any actor's career. There are only 100,000 members in the world and every known actor in a movie, commercial or industry project is SAG. To be invited you must be an extra in SAG project 3 times, or a principal actor in a movie or commercial, once.


After filming the HP commercial as a principal actor, I was eligible to join the union. SAG actors get paid twice as much as non-union actors, have special food and amenities on-set and are able to make a career out of acting. This is my goal, and SAG brings me one step closer to achieving it!


Some people work in the industry their whole lives and never get invited to be SAG, I just feel so blessed that everything has fallen in to place so far in my career. Thank you to all of you who support me!




No comments:

Post a Comment