Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Opportunity of a Lifetime!

FEMALE POP GROUP AUDITION FOR LARRY RUDOLF 4/30/2010

Larry Rudolf after the audition

Amanda Shorez, Krystal Forscutt & I


This experience was one of the most nerve-wrecking, amazing, motivating, experiences I have had yet! 2,000 girls submitted pictures and vocal samples online to Reigndeer Entertainment, hoping to get an audition for Larry Rudolf’s (Britney Spears’ manager) new pop group. He chose 100 girls to come to LA for the audition. It was at a dance studio in Beverly Hills and all of the girls were dressed to impress, like pop stars/lady gaga/Beyonce. They went all out, and some were wearing a 1 piece swimsuit.
He explained to us that he is looking for a very specific look and sound for a group of 3 girls. As I heard some of the girls warming up down the hall, they sounded like Mariah Carey and I started getting a little nervous. I soon learned that many of the girls had flown in from all over the world; Australia, New York, South Africa, etc. Many were even celebrities or pop stars back at home and were hoping to break into the US market. (ie: Krystal Forscutt, Kanye West’s dream girl)
He eliminated 50 girls in 2 cuts, purely based on look. He let me and the remaining half of the girls audition with our prepared song and dance. I went in there and gave it my all, working the acoustics in that little dance studio. My voice surprised me and I felt like I did the best I could with the 1-week rehearsal time I had. I was one of the last girls to audition and get cut, and when I left there were 15 girls still there and he kept 7 from the final round. From what I hear, he didn’t create a group that day, but kept the video of all of our auditions. It was amazing to be so close to a dream that I never imagined could possibly be a reality. It has given me so much confidence and motivation that I have the look he wanted and that he could see me in the Pop world. I will definitely always remember this!

No comments:

Post a Comment